SUMMIT ALERT: Extreme Heat Advisory for Arizona
Arizona residents and visitors can expect extremely hot weather in the next several days. It is important that each person prepare accordingly in order to avoid medical emergencies:
1. Hydrate. Start early and often drinking plenty of cool water, especially if you expect to spend any time outdoors in the sun.
2. Start Early. If you must be outside, get out as early as possible and return to a cool shelter no later than 10 AM.
3. Dress Properly. Shade your head and face when outside and wear and change occasionally light clothing throughout the day.
4. Avoid Unnecessary Work. DON’T OVER-DO IT! Chores can wait when the heat is on. Take it easy.
5. Manage Your Environment. If necessary, have your A/C checked and serviced, and use fans to create cooling airflow.
Remember to call for assistance from family, friends, and neighbors if you’re having trouble staying cool, and contact your doctor immediately if the extreme heat is affecting your health!
Michael J Lucherini MD MS
Summit Medicine and Pediatrics, PLC