Summit Medicine and Pediatrics’ Tip to Manage the COVID-19 Pandemic
TODAY’S TIP: Isolation… Not Debilitation
Isolation, applied properly and effectively by every individual, is the most effective tool we have to reduce both morbidity and mortality during this COVID-19 pandemic. To be sure, an extended isolation strategy will be stressful physically and emotionally for many people. We have some recommendations to keep both body and mind in top shape while in isolation:
- Cook Healthy Food: Try some new recipes that require both thought and time to prepare and complete.
- Exercise Outside: Walk a little longer in the neighborhood; Run a little faster in the community; DON’T hurt yourself along the way.
- Plan Your Days: Create a task and activity daily schedule, and fill it with a healthy mix of both productive and fun activities.
- Listen to Music: Play and sing-along with your favorite songs in your favorite music genre every day.
- Write Letters: Use your pen, along with envelopes and stamps, to express gratitude, encouragement, love and advice to those who need it most.
- Try New Challenges: Consider learning yoga… or playing the guitar… or landscape oil painting… or tackling crossword puzzles!
- Start a Garden: Grow wildflowers or vegetables in your backyard, and don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty in the soil.
Without effective adaptation to the limits of isolation, it is unavoidable that many will experience debilitation in both physical and psychological well-being. The solution to overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic is not limited simply to medication and healthcare support when contracting the illness. Rather, it is equally vital in strategy to look beyond the obvious, and to identify and overcome the potential secondary, deleterious effects of the treatment itself.
Can you add to this list? If so, please share with our readers by responding in the comment section below in social media…
“It’s the little things that escape us which can endanger us. After all, the COVID-19 virus is very, very little in size.” — Dr. Mike
Summit Medicine and Pediatrics partners with healthcare professionals and organizations throughout the nation to inform and empower Americans to minimize their risk for COVID-19 infection.