Summit Medicine and Pediatrics’ Tip to Manage the COVID-19 Pandemic
TODAY’S TIP: Special Assistance from Pharmaceutical Companies is Available
During this time of economic challenge, many pharmaceutical companies are offering opportunity for patients to receive their manufactured prescription medications at markedly reduced, or even at no, cost for an extended period of time. For example, patients who take AstraZeneca products can complete a simple application form, and if they then also write a letter specifying that the Coronavirus pandemic has resulted in job and income loss, or loss of health insurance coverage, these documents can then be forwarded to their doctor for verification and submission to AstraZeneca on behalf of the patients. Once processed, patients may qualify for a substantial reduction in cost of their AstraZeneca medications!
Here is what you need to do:
- Take inventory of all of your prescription medications and determine the manufacturer for each medication
- Search the internet for the website of the patient assistance programs for each manufacturer. For Example:
- Complete the patient assistance application for each manufacturer
- Generate a letter that specifies that the Coronavirus pandemic has resulted in job and income loss and/or health insurance coverage loss
- Forward the completed patient assistance application(s) and letter to your doctor and request that your doctor:
- Validate and authorize the application(s)
- Forward the application(s) and letter to the corresponding pharmaceutical company(ies)
Don’t miss an opportunity to take full advantage of the support and savings that the pharmaceutical industry is providing during this difficult time!
“It’s the little things that escape us which can endanger us. After all, the COVID-19 virus is very, very little in size.” — Dr. Mike
Summit Medicine and Pediatrics partners with healthcare professionals and organizations throughout the nation to inform and empower Americans to minimize their risk for COVID-19 infection.